Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Blessings in Disguise

I've been a really lucky guy.  For the most part I haven't really needed to worry about a lot.  I've realized how blessed I've been to have the parents that I have had and even the little things like where I've been living.  Really, my life has just been a little bit abnormal because of it.


Recently, I've come into normal life: car breaking down, trying to sell it in time before the city claims it as an abandoned vehicle, not enough money for books, barely enough money for rent, wanting a change so bad and stressing out at the impossibility of it, etc.


Having grown so accustomed to the blessed life I found normal life to be a storm of challenges when really, it's just normal life.  Despite that, the transition has been humbling and still challenging.  Sure it may be what the average person experiences in the U.S. but it still put me in a very teachable position.


I realized that although I carpool to work, have no reliable mode of transportation, and have just barely enough for living expenses, I'm really happy.  The last time I've been this happy has been my mission.  Being in this environment of changes and uncertainty has only made me more sure of the daring directions I want to take in life and has increased my faith and trust in The Almighty.


I'm thankful for challenges.  Without them I would be more uncertain and more afraid to do what I know is right and what my heart is calling me to do.


Peace,
Stephen Larsen

1 comment: