Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Pearls and Coal

Many of you following this blog may be a little confused by the comic.  The comic is somewhat autobiographical but completely metaphorical.  Everything that happens in the comic is meant to be a metaphor or sometimes a trope of what has happened or is happening in my life.  The characters may represent myself, parts of myself, or other people I've met.


Why would I do this?  Why take such a fantastical approach?  Well, the answer can be summarized in the proverb "cast not pearls [or coal] before swine."  I'm not going to reveal everything about me and what I've experienced literally because it's personal and special to me.  You don't share the wounds and triumphs of your life with just anyone.


However, I do believe what I've experienced can be an inspiration to the sincere.  I feel that the amazing parts of my journey in life can inspire people to take control of their own life and wake up from mediocrity.  In order to protect what's special to me but to inspire the honest in heart I've taken the metaphorical approach in telling this story.


If you want to learn more about what everything means I encourage you to look up the words, symbols, or tropes used in the comic.  What everything means can be interpreted differently.  There's a true or intended meaning behind each symbol but there's no right or wrong interpretation.  By guessing or taking your own interpretation of what you see and read may provide the inspiration you may be looking for.


I hope that helps for anyone who may be a little confused.  I thank anyone for reading the blog and whoever is faithfully following.  I'd appreciate any advice or questions.


Peace,
Stephen

1 comment:

  1. Hey Stephen! I love what you're doing here, it's such a great idea! I had no idea that your skills were THIS impressive :D Keep up the awesome work!! I just hope that I'll be able to check in once in a while...you know blogspot and China haha.

    ReplyDelete